Friday, November 9, 2012

Grateful

'Tis the month to be thankful and remember just how blessed we are, and that is certainly not lost on us over here in our corner of the world. With the arrival of our little man getting closer every day, the generosity of our friends & family has us more thankful than ever. We have a few baby showers coming up, which have been soooo thoughtfully put together and tailored to our quirkiness :) The first one is this weekend, thrown by excited Grandma #1 (Oma), my wonderful mom. Can't wait!

A few other acts of kindness I want to tell you about came from my lovely girlfriends and from my aunts & cousins who are unable to make it to my shower.

My friends, Megan & Chelsea, are already moms and have been wonderful resources to me over the last several months. I can only imagine that will continue since they have experienced much of what we will. Last week, I got a large box in the mail filled with their maternity clothes!


I don't have reason to wear much of the items since I'm not currently working, but it's been really nice to have options beyond my leggings, sweaters & t's (all 6 of them)! The fine folks at the grocery store & the library probably don't even recognize me anymore! Plus, maternity clothes are expensive! Manufacturers & retailers definitely capitalize on pregnancy much like they do weddings: add 25-50% to the price something should be, and you've got your MSRP! Lame. So THANK YOU ladies for sharing your clothes with me. Y'all are great, and the favor will be returned when you're ready for baby #2 :)

Last weekend I went to have what I thought was a regular lunch with my aunts & cousin, and it turned out to be a little surprise shower with surprise guests! We had a really relaxing afternoon and they gave us some important items off our registry! It was so nice of them, and it was a great reminder how nice it is to be back closer to family.


On the belly front, we had our 31 week appointment this morning and the doctor said "everything is progressing nice and boring, just like we like it." He's in position with his head down, though there's still time for him to change several times over.

So like I said, we're very thankful over here. For our health, for each other, and especially for people like YOU!

2 comments:

  1. ahh we made the blog! Now you can wear business clothes to the grocery store;) Love you Lolo and see you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek. I am SO darned excited to see you and that bump of yours this weekend!

    ReplyDelete