Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Finding the Good

I feel as though I've been in a funk since the moment I heard about the tragic events in Connecticut, and I know I'm not alone in this feeling. I've been struggling to put my feelings into words, and the few times I have tried I end up in tears. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but I've wanted to say something on record and I finally figured out how to do so in my own way.

You've probably seen this floating around the interwebs, but I personally find some of these photos so moving that it brings a smile (and a few happy tears) to my face during this strange & confusing time. For every disturbed & troubled person out there who is capable of hurting others, there are hundreds of good people. As cheesy as some "year-end" lists are, this one was a really nice reminder that there is good in the world. A LOT more good than bad. And the good can come from anywhere!

This holiday season, I wish you sweet times with family & friends that you never forget. Cherish each moment and remember to always tell those you love how you feel. Life is too short, so enjoy the ride, do your part to contribute good to the world, and remember you are loved!

Happy holidays, friends!


1 comment:

  1. Well, now you've made me all teary at work. 15 is just about the sweetest thing ever. Miss you friend!!! Happy Holidays to you and your awesome hubby!

    ReplyDelete