It's a big day in la casa Drennen: little man goes to school today! We decided to start him a few days before I start work again to smooth out some of the initial kinks of settling into a new schedule. We went on Tuesday and met his teachers again, picked out his bed and handled a bunch of little details so this morning would be smooth sailing. Dad is taking the drop-off shift for the first few days because I'm just a *tad* emotional about this new chapter of our lives. Not gonna lie, it was not an easy morning! But I know he will thrive once we settle into this new routine :) I have to keep reminding myself that he's a
BABY, and while he's smart and perceptive and all that (duh), he's not emotionally developed yet enough to feel abandoned. I'm simply projecting how I would feel in his position, which is silly! I found
this blog post recently that hit home. My favorite part though, is this:
When it really comes down to it, he's who matters in the equation, and I
know (I really do know) that he is going to be fine. And that makes me
feel a little better. Not much, but a little. He will make friends, and
be around people other than mom and dad all the time. He will have
structure to his day, which I’m told babies thrive on. He’ll get the
attention that he needs and deserves that I can’t really give him while
I’m working. He’s going to be fine. He's going to be fine. He's going to
be fine. And so am I.
 |
| First day! |
Very sweet~ I hope the day went well - how could you go wrong with U-M colors in U-M country? LOL
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Oma