It's been a hot minute since we've posted an update on our little life, 'cause man we are busy! Gah! You'd think we're first-time parents or something...
Little man child is 5 MONTHS! How the hey did that happen!? We finally understand the whole "they grow up so fast" thing. I mean, I feel like I just blinked and this year is half over. OY! One thing I've learned is to really enjoy every second. Even if it's 3:30am and we're all sick and snotty and one of us wants to practice his standing... enjoy it. And I think we genuinely do, we just enjoy the daytime moments a tiny bit more :)
Liam is finally getting comfortable on his tummy. For the first few months, he would just scream during tummy time, to the point where I stopped doing it because I couldn't bear to hear him wail. But as he's gotten stronger, he doesn't mind it so much. He's SO curious, too. Grabs at everything and anything, and if he manages to snag something it goes straight to his mouth. He's a good listener too; when Tom and I are talking to each other in close proximity, he stops what he's doing and watches us very intently. It's cute. He LOVES to stand (holding our hands of course) and he's full of laughter!
He comes home from school completely exhausted, so our evenings are fast but sweet. Usually in bed by 8, and sleeps soundly until about 3:30/4. Tonight he fell asleep in the bath he was so beat - haha!
Here's a few pics from our 5 month photo shoot.
We started solid food, and it was a bittersweet decision for this mama! So far we've just given him rice cereal, but it's causing some digestive issues so we'll switch to oatmeal. He doesn't mind the food, but doesn't quite know what to do either. We still find it ridiculously adorable when he's covered in cereal, but I'm sure that will fade soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment