That was me, for the last 3 days. Not physically, but mentally... lost in the twisted, terrifying world that is the novel Gone Girl. Seriously, twisted is probably an understatement.
If you haven't heard the hype or read it for yourself, you should check it out. A lot of reviews call it a thriller, but I'm not sure that I would. I call it terrifying because the characters, one in particular, is a complete psycho. I wouldn't have read it if it was remotely scary, because I'm the biggest chicken in the world. I'm the person who thinks there is a bad guy in my house (hiding the shower or behind a door, naturally) whenever I'm home alone. And sometimes I kick the shower curtain just to be sure. But I didn't just admit that....
Anyway, I'd love to know what you thought if you've read it. And if you decide to pick it up, be prepared to get sucked in!

No comments:
Post a Comment