Thursday, January 23, 2014

We're Baaaaack

Hello, my 5 readers! It's been a minute, eh? I've really been slacking on updating you on our oh-so-exciting life and I can't imagine where all my time went.....

Oh yeah, it went HERE!

How strange to think we have a ONE YEAR OLD HUMAN. I still don't believe it sometimes! Until, you know, I get to daycare and his face lights up like the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. Or I get home and he's shrieking at me to pick him up or hold his hand while we walk in and then promptly out of every room. Then I'm like "oh yeah, you! The reason I haven't slept 12 8 5 hours straight in the past year, or had a hot meal start to finish, or why I've had a perma-smile on my face. I remember you!" It's been a total life adjustment, to say the least. They always warn you about that, but seriously! I've been an absent friend the past year, missed sending birthday cards or giving gifts on time, and never got around to sending Christmas cards. And for that I plead baby! Some people really have their act together post-baby, but not us! (We did also buy a house, so that didn't help our cause!)

To catch you up on the past 6 months: work is fine, not challenging, but great for the ego. And that goes for both of us. We bought a house & moved a few towns over. Our families visit a lot, and we love it. Liam graduated from the baby room (and our favorite teacher), going from the oldest kid in the room to the youngest. Tom travels occasionally for work, and continues to be the rock star that he is. We went to Hilton Head for Christmas, which was a fun change! And then we planned a birthday party :)

We GET to have this crazy, sleep-deprived life with this amazing, hilarious, ridiculously cute little person. And hopefully that little video above shows off just how deep in love we are with our one year old human. :)

Happy 2014 to you. May your year be filled with abundant love, laughter, friendship, hope and faith!



No comments:

Post a Comment