Call us crazy, but we've voluntarily given up sugar for 21 days! When every night in our house started to consist of sleeves of Oreos, something had to change!
I've been wanting to do some kind of detox or cleanse for years, but never found one that seemed do-able or safe, or that Tom would do with me. I try and eat fairly clean, but I have a big soft spot for Swedish fish and chocolate chip cookies, not to mention pizza and garlic bread. MMMM.....
So when one of my besties told me that they were going to do the 21 Day Sugar Detox, I did some research and then talked Tom into it. Score.
We are just ending day #4, and so far here are my thoughts:
- being organized is key, and this is why we could potentially fail at this. Our evenings are so fast that we barely have time to do dishes, let alone have all the necessary food and be able to prep 3 meals for the next day.
- so far, I miss nothing in particular! I thought my cravings would be off the charts, but they really aren't bad at all. I've been in several tempting situations, but have easily avoided the junk.
- We have more discipline than I thought (though is IS only day 4!)
- I was borderline vegetarian prior to this, and this diet calls for lots and lots of protein - and not from lentils! I'm really not a fan of so much meat, and this might just put me over the edge into vegetarianism. Minus bacon, that is.
Day 2 for Tom was ROUGH. He was having such bad withdrawal that he went home from work sick. And the man never does that. I haven't had it much worse than some headaches and a very sluggish feeling, so I take that as a good sign that I wasn't overly dependent on sugar going into this.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment