Monday, September 17, 2012

Settling In

We've been residents of the mitten now for just a few weeks, and we're finally starting to get in the groove of suburban life again. Tom has perfected the drive to work, opting for half highway & half not. I know my way to "retail row" with my eyes shut, and have been learning my way around the area better. And on Thursday & Friday nights, we can still open our windows and hear crowds cheering. It's not Wrigley, but it IS high school football ;)

We had another round of visitors this weekend when Dan & Andrea came to stay. They really came up for the UofM football game (woof), but since we live close to Ann Arbor, we got to house them instead of a hotel! I think we will really enjoy being much closer to the majority of our family, especially when the little kicker comes along.

Tom is going on week #2 at his new job, and while it's very different than where he came from, it's just that - different. He's promised not to compare the two, although I think it'll be impossible not to compare a little. One thing that we've noticed right off the bat, which makes me very happy: work-life balance is highly valued, and 95% of people leave each night by 5:30. Wahoo!

As for me, I'm attempting to find some fellow Real Housewives of Plymouth, but I haven't found any yet. I'm not sure I enjoy the life of a stay-at-home person, so it's good I was not born back in the 40's or 50's! It's mostly boring and lonely, but I do enjoy sleeping in and exercising on my own schedule each day.

On the bump front, we're just a few days shy of 24 weeks. With the 2nd trimester winding down, I'm still feeling great 98% of the time. My mint aversion is less than it was, and sweets are becoming more appealing once again. Sleeping is the only tough thing, and yesterday I finally broke down and bought a body pillow. The baby kicks a ton, but most consistently in the afternoon & evening. I think he loves the sound of Tom's voice, because whenever he talks for a long period of time, it's non-stop movement. Tom has started putting his hand on my belly and saying "High five buddy!" and the baby will kick (or high five) where his hand is. I'm sure it's a total coincidence, but we find it funny.

Hope all is well with you & yours! Come visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment