It's true, we've been just a *tad* busy. And we finally have our Internet up and running so I can fill you in! Warning: long post ahead.
Our last few days in Chicago were a total blur. Tom had the last few days off while I kept working, and he picked me up from work on my last day on our way out of town. Literally. With a jam-packed SUV of our things. The good thing about that was that I never had to see our beloved apartment empty, and leaving the city was like ripping off a band-aid: it hurt like hell for a short time, but then it was over. I'm not good with good-byes, so it was for the best. I did cry almost all the way to Michigan though, and I think it was the first time ever that I cried while crossing
into the state. Since then, there's only been a few tears but I miss the city and our friends like crazy.
We spent the next 10 days living as gypsies, with mom's house as home base. We bought a new car (!), had amazing seats at the MSU football season opener and then jetted up to Northern Michigan for three days to celebrate my 30th. It was a relaxing few days after what seemed like a week of chaos. I spent the last few hours of my 20's in my sweats eating apple pie... I can't decide if it was dreamy or pathetic.
Other highlights: went to the cider mill (only to later find out cider was off-limits as it's not pasteurized), saw my brother for a hot minute, started feeling MAJOR movements from the babe, and bought a 55" TV (that has 3D!).
Our
life things finally arrived from Chicago on Friday, and the flurry to unpack and get settled began immediately. Tom's awesome parents came up from Ohio for the weekend to help us unpack & get organized, and they were a huge help! After a quick trip to Ikea, we had them building shelves, hanging art & organizing the tiny kitchen in no time!
Here are some photo highlights from the last few weeks:
 |
| One final tea time at work, this time without tea |
 |
| One final lunch with some favorite Xers |
 |
| Sporting my "30" accessories, thanks to Mandi |
 |
| On the pier in Petoskey |
 |
| The most perfect beach ever in downtown Harbor Springs, which I will once day frequent |
 |
| A little bakery we found called Tom's Mom's Cookies. They were nothing compared my MY Tom's Mom's :) |
 |
| First cider mill trip of the year! |
 |
| The Mackinac Bridge, just before a storm |
 |
| Move-in day! |
 |
| Taking a break to catch some 3D TV on our new toy |
 |
| Downtown Plymouth at the Fall Festival |
 |
| Family photo on our back deck |
 |
| In front of our new (temporary) home! |
That's enough photos for now! Tom starts work tomorrow, and I start my life as a stay-at-home person. Eeek!
I'm very much looking forward to seeing old friends, making new friends, seeing more of our families, taking up some new hobbies (already have one in mind!) and getting ready for the little man to make his appearance.
Cheers!
Sigh. So bittersweet to see such a great update from you. I miss you friend!!!
ReplyDelete