Thursday, December 20, 2012

36 WEEKS! (aka Last Week)


Wait. Stop. Before you read this post. I want to put two thoughts in your head. Ready?

Stevie Wonder.
Isn't sheeeeee looooove-ly....Isn't she wooooooon-der-ful....

Ok. Now pause.
Let the lyrics sink into your skull.
Stuck?
Good.

Now look back at the picture. Then read on...

Week 36 was a rough one.
The holidays were on their way to our home.
The baby was on his way to our home.
Family was on their way to our home.
About the only thing that wasn't on its way home this week...was me.
Over the course of the last five days I've had to put in an excruciatingly stressful 150 hours at work leading a big new biz pitch. Probably the most trying task of my career to date. Through it all, this lovely, wonderful wife (still playing that song in your head?) of mine stayed patient and positive—pulling a helluva a lot of the weight at home. 36 weeks pregnant. When she should just be relaxing and coasting til delivery. As Christmas creeps closer and closer and I'm asked by everyone and their mother, "what do you want for Christmas?"—I can only think, why bother? I've already been given the greatest gift I'll ever need...my lovely, wonderful wife. (that song in your head should have just hit those last few beats bump-a-bump-a-bump-bump)

2 comments: