We hit another major milestone recently in our house: little man started solids! It was something that we'd been talking about for a few weeks, but we were both pretty sold on following the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation of waiting until 6 months to introduce solid foods. Then a few things happened: 1. I got very sick and my "supply" took a big hit. We had to dip into our beloved freezer stash of milk because I couldn't keep up with our big eater; 2. He watches us eat like a hawk. Mouth wide open, drooling. It's almost strange sometimes!
We decided that a few weeks weren't a huge deal, so we did a little research and bought some baby cereal. Talk about Saturday night fun!! ;) He wasn't the biggest fan at first (and we made it soupy the first time), but each day he gets a little more into it. And now when he sees his spoon, he opens his mouth!
Here are a few pics from his first feedings...
 |
| Checking out the goods |
 |
| I'm ready guys, let's do this |
 |
| Ehhhhrrrr I dunno about this... |
 |
| Day 2... waaay better! |
He's been putting EVERYTHING in his mouth, so naturally he loves the spoon because it's soft and he can bite it. He's also suspicious of the camera, though he shouldn't be because it's in his face all the time! This weekend we're going to move from oatmeal to something more exciting like avocado or sweet potato, and I'm looking forward to making our own baby food with the baby bullet I got.
No comments:
Post a Comment