My sweet mom had a big birthday last weekend: SIXTY! I turned 30 and nearly had a panic attack, but she turns 60 and has the time of her life! To help ring in this new decade, Mark and I joined forces to plan a party to celebrate with all our friends & family. It was lots of fun figuring out the little details, searching for the perfect present (including the secret mission to get it), and then spending a few days making the birthday girl feel like the special lady she is! One of the best surprises was that my aunt Paula (mom's little sis) flew up from Florida. She came to the party a little late, and surprised my mom at the door pretending to be a FedEx delivery lady. It was AWESOME! And my grandma didn't know she was coming either, so there were lots of happy tears.
We also blew up large pictures of my mom and put them on brown bags with the eyes cut out. People could "see what it's like to be 60." They turned out suuuuuper creepy but HILARIOUS! We had everyone pose with mom, and it was a total hit.
 |
| We bought her a stand up paddle board, or a SUP. She's already a pro! |
 |
| Throwback candy, amazing food from around the state & a Texas sheet cake, bday girl's request! |
 |
| Cooling off while mom & dad set up |
 |
| baby bath! |
 |
| 60 looks good on me, eh? |
 |
| The birthday gir(s)! |
 |
| Little man trying watermelon. Ehhhh... |
And here are the super sweet pics of the surprise guest arrival:
 |
| Meeting Aunt P for the first time |
 |
| Siblings! |
 |
| The original 5 |
It was hotter than crap so we didn't get to party outside until into the evening, but I think people still had a lot of fun. If I have as much spunk and zest for life when I'm 60, I will consider it a success :)
Love you tons and tons mama, we had so much fun celebrating you :) xoxo
WOW! Thanks, Lo! And Tom. And bucket-boy. Pics are great!
ReplyDeleteLove you more!
Mama